Books | The Story Orchestra: I Can Play
Even the youngest child can learn to play music with this simple method. Color and shape codes correspond to the 14 keys, so kids can learn easy 8-bar, one-finger melodies. Each song includes an enchanting illustration and description of the part of the story that the music is telling along with playing tips. All the favorite characters from the series are there to encourage young musicians as they play their first notes with the sound of a piano.
I Can Play:
- The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy – The Nutcracker (Tchaikovsky)
- The Dance of the Reed Flutes – The Nutcracker (Tchaikovsky)
- Flight of the Swans – Swan Lake (Tchaikovsky)
- Dance of the Cygnets – Swan Lake (Tchaikovsky)
- Royal March of the Lions – The Carnival of the Animals (Saint-Saëns)
- The Elephant – The Carnival of the Animals (Saint-Saëns)
- The Swan – The Carnival of the Animals (Saint-Saëns)
- Spring Dawn Chorus – The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)
The Story Orchestra series brings classical music to life for children through gorgeously illustrated retellings of classic ballet, opera, and program music stories paired with 10-second sound clips of orchestras playing from their musical scores.
Manufacturer's note: please pull the white tab out of the back of the book before use. Sound buttons require a firm push in exact location to work, which may be hard for young children. All sound clips are 10 seconds long.The perfect primer to introduce children to classical music.