How do PeapodMats work?
- The liquid is dispersed quickly between the top and middle layers. Unlike some mattress protectors, PeapodMats washable bed pads absorb the liquid, so it doesn't sit on top of the mat, wetting the entire bedding.
- Please note that although PeapodMats absorbs liquid quickly, the mat remains wet to touch and we recommend changing your PeapodMat after the bedwetting accident.
What size should I choose?
Medium - toddler and single beds, up to 4 years old
- Large - single and double beds, anyone over 4 years old, co-sleeping
- Medium PeapodMat is strongly recommended up to 3-4 years of age, depending on the size of your child and bed size.
What are PeapodMats made of?
PeapodMats is made with POD-TEX™technology - a unique triple-layer design to create a leakproof, breathable and reusable bedwetting/incontinence mat. The PeapodMat is a unique combination of 3 layers that creates a super-absorbent, breathable, waterproof mat.
- TOP LAYER - Breathable terry cotton. Grid stitched to prevent bunching.
- MID LAYER - Polyester wadding. To absorb and disperse moisture.
- UNDER LAYER - TPU coated polyester for waterproofing and to grip to surfaces. PeapodMats® ' TPU waterproof coating are certified by an independent third-party lab to be free of lead, cadmium, mercury and all phthalates. PeapodMats® are a green solution for the environment!
Best position for PeapodMat?
- We highly recommend that the PeapodMat be placed slightly under the pillow.
How much can PeapodMat absorb?
PeapodMats are extremely absorbent and will safely absorb over 1 litre/6 cups of liquid. The adult bladder can hold up to 2 cups of urine at one time.
Does PeapodMat work on all surfaces?
PeapodMats work best with regular cotton or terry bed sheets. If a bed sheet is very smooth, the PeapodMat will not grip as well and may move during the night. If your bedsheets has no texture and feels very smooth or silky, it may not work well with the PeapodMat.
- PeapodMats grip very well to carpets and upholstered furniture. If the surface is smooth (laminate/wood flooring, tiles, leather sofa etc.), it will not grip but will remain waterproof.
Can I wash it with normal laundry?
- Yes, of course! PeapodMats were designed to make life easier. You can wash your PeapodMat like a towel. Wash with similar colours. We don't recommend regular use of fabric softener, dryer sheets, dryer balls or regular use of vinegar or stain removers. These products are known to reduce the quality of waterproofing. However, vinegar or stain removers may be used once in a while if required.
My PeapodMats became stiff! What can I do?
This is likely due to too much detergent. Using too much detergent may cause the top layer to build up a soapy residue. If you experience this, we recommend washing your PeapodMat with a cup of white vinegar and/or baking soda, with a thorough rinse. This should help make the top terry cotton layer soft and fluffy once again (but if the mat has a lot of residue, you may have to do this a couple of times).
Are PeapodMats allergy-friendly?
The TPU used in PeapodMats is a type of physical membrane which creates a barrier against dust mites over the covered surface. PeapodMats prevent dampness and the build-up of debris in your mattresses, such as skin cells and sweat.
PeapodMats are free from PVC and phthalates, which have been linked to the development of asthma and allergies. PeapodMats are breathable and prevent excessive sweating which can aggravate many skin conditions, including eczema.
Can I use this on baby's cot?
- No, we don’t recommend using PeapodMats for babies under 12 months old to sleep on, in a cot, or at any time unattended. PeapodMats sit on top of the bedsheet and although they don't really move, loose beeding is not recommended for little ones under 12 months old.
We recommend using the PeapodMat for baby's nappy free time, tummy time, changing mat, burp cloth, car seat protector or during sickness.